Sunday, April 27, 2008

300 km in the books


The weather was nice, but it was a tough day. I'm not usually hung up on times, but yesterday I resolved to finish in daylight despite the 7:00 am start and to minimize time off the bike. Nearly made it on both counts. I had to hit the lights and don my reflective vest about five miles from the finish. And the computer showed about an hour and 20 minutes off the bike. Grrr, where does the time go? It was like I sat down for for a leisurely lunch. Though I suffered a bit, it was a chance to see how I could do solo.

Not too poorly I suppose. I finished in 12:57. My energy tanked a little over the last 40 miles when my average speed dropped off from 16 mph to 14 mph. It wasn't the bonk - just fatigue. And as I closed in on a 13-hour finishing time (remember, I'm not hung up on times!) I positively sprinted through downtown Edwardsville. So it was a little excitement at the end of the day which made me feel every bit the time-trialist Boz is!

No comments: